Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Outdoor Education

Last week, I attended a lab meeting for a class I am taking this summer. The class is a pedagogy course designed to give an in-depth outdoor adventure education experience. The course is going to take place at the beautiful Raquette located in the Adirondack's. Being a huge outdoor enthusiast, this course is one that really interests me. As the years have gone on, I have a strong desire to be involved in outdoor education and just the outdoors in general (as you can tell by my background).

Raquette Lake
{http://photo.net/nature-photography-forum/00JYdb}


When I'm home, my weekends and breaks involve the outdoors. I have an awesome feeling about this course as I feel it will be good for a lot of students who have never really spent time in the outdoors. One of the most rewarding experiences is to just be away from everything; time slows down, and you realize that this is actually real life. All SUNY Cortland Physical Education majors are required to complete this two week course and there are only positive benefits from this course.

{A photo I took from the Adirondack's High Peaks Region}

No comments:

Post a Comment