Friday, February 3, 2012

Preparing for 3rd Teaching Experience

In todays class in EDU 255, we are preparing for our third teaching experience. Our Professor told us that we are going to teach a skill from a jump rope packet. Although it may seem like just "jump roping," I feel that it is a lot better than teaching a basketball, baseball, soccer, or football skill. Reason being, those sports are so ingrained into our society and teaching them will almost seem easy; and thats what we are trying to get away from in physical education. I don't mean that we are distancing ourselves from the most popular sports, they are awesome sports (and some of my favorite), but why would we only want to teach the most popular sports? There is so much more to be achieved in other sports. For my skill I am teaching the "side swing." Check the picture below to see what I mean!

{http://www.jumpropeinstitute.com/howto.htm}

No comments:

Post a Comment